- Coaching and Consulting - The Center has worked with numerous individuals with various degrees of experience, training and idea finalization and is happy to meet with any entrepreneur seeking one-on-one coaching. The Center's staff, and those from affiliated organizations, listen, assess and propose ideas, solutions and opportunities based on the needs and life-cycle of the enterprise in question. Our team consists of skilled and experienced individuals that want to help you and the community.
- Workshops and Seminars - The Center, through the College's Continuing Education and Workforce Development Division offers numerous workshops on a variety of subjects pertinent to small business management. Some examples include: social media, marketing, brand management, financial/funding and pre-start-up. These offerings range in price from free-of-charge to $35. Please check the current CEWD catalog and the "News and Events" section of this website for current offerings.
- Non-Credit Classes - The center also offers a number of classes designed to meet the needs of the small business and start-up community. In partnership with the Kaufman Foundation, we offer FastTrac courses for new entrepreneurs and those seeking to drive growth in their existing businesses. Check the Continuing Education catalog or give us a call to discuss these offerings.
- Credit Classes - Garrett College, as part of its degree programs offers a number of business courses appropriate for the new or seasoned entrepreneur. These include offerings in accounting, finance, marketing, management, IT, engineering and entrepreneurship. Please consult our current credit catalog for offerings and related details.
- Funding Opportunities - While the Center does not provide funding directly to entrepreneurs, it does maintain strong working relationships with a number of County and regional funding sources, both private and public. These include the Garrett County Department of Economic Development, Mountain Maryland Angel Investors Group, TEDCO, MIPS and others. Please see the "Information" section of this website for additional insight and also feel free to give us a call to discuss your needs.
- The Garrett Information Enterprise Center (GIEC) Incubator - The GIEC offers office space at very attractive rates and in all configuration-types for businesses in all stages of development. The GIEC also provides shared meeting rooms, kitchen and classroom facilities as well as access to College cafeteria and library for tenant members. The GIEC also contains a Secure Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF) for enterprises seeking secure space for defense or cyber-security work. Please call us to discuss your needs.
- The Garrett Coworking Hive - Housed in the GIEC, the Garrett Coworking Hive deserves special attention due to its uniqueness in Garrett County and the region. The hive is a shared space facility with 24/7 secure access and broadband wireless that provides low-cost space and networking opportunities for self-employed, start-up, professional, freelance and visiting individuals. The hive also provides access to common facilities, including meeting space, and free access to select Continuing Education offerings at the College.
- Maker Space - The GCCEI is working with regional partners to fund and build a new maker space at the GIEC. This will complement the College's engineering and robotics laboratory on the main campus and in the CTTC in Accident, Maryland.
- Flexible Solutions - The GCCEI is committed to helping build entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship in the County and region. We are happy to craft and deliver specialized programs or workshops for regional groups seeking to learn more about entrepreneurship, small business management and all related topics. Give us a call to discuss your idea or needs.